I thought I'd post a recipe, mostly because the only photos I've taken recently are of food! This is one of our favorites, buffalo enchiladas. Yum!

Buffalo Enchiladas
1 pound ground buffalo (I buy mine at HEB)
1 small onion, chopped
1 (10 oz) can tomato soup, undiluted
1 (10 oz) can mild enchilada sauce(I think the can I used was 14 ounces)
8-10 whole wheat flour tortillas
2 cups shredded 2% cheddar cheese, divided
Cook buffalo meat & onion in a large skillet until meat is brown. Stir soup & enchilada sauce into meat mixture. Spread ~1/4 cup meat mixture onto each tortilla; sprinkle with some cheese. Roll up tortilla; place seam down in a 9X13 casserole sprayed with Pam. Once all the tortillas are rolled, Pour remaining meat mixture over tortillas. Cover & bake for 30 minutes @ 350 degrees. Uncover & sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese; bake for 5 more minutes to melt cheese.
I have another enchilada recipe that Ron absolutely LOVES!!! It's from the Blue Bell cookbook that I bought years ago in the gift shop at the creamery. It isn't diet friendly.......that's why it's so good!!
Green Enchiladas
1 pkg. flour tortillas (I use whole wheat)
1-2 lbs ground meat* ( I use ground buffalo or grass fed beef) seasoned with salt, pepper, chili pepper, garlic, & cumin to taste.
1 chopped onion
cheddar cheese ( I use 2%)
*I have also made these enchiladas using chicken breast. I buy Lawry's tequila lime marinade & put a few chicken breast in my crock pot with the marinade poured over them. Cook them on low for 6-8 hours and then shred the meat for the enchiladas.
Roll browned meat or chicken, onions, & cheese in tortillas. Place rolled tortillas in a greased 9X13 casserole.
Sauce:
1/2 lb Velveeta cheese (I use 2%)
1/2 can evaporated milk (I use fat free)
1-4oz can chopped green chilies
1-2 oz jar chopped pimentos (sometimes I use them, Sometimes I don't)
1-10 oz can Rotel tomatoes
1 can (healthy request or reduced fat) cream of chicken soup (I NEVER use full throttle cream soups)
Mix together all ingredients in a heavy saucepan; heat until cheese melts. Pour over tortillas in casserole. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for ~30 minutes.
So there you go. Some yummy, horribly fattening Mexican food!! I usually serve them with Goya's spanish rice, pinto beans, and pico with chips. Bon Appetite!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment