A funny thing happened yesterday while I was edging in the back yard. While I was weed eating along the back corner a black cat jumped out of the elephant ear bush at me. Well I screamed & wet my pants and thought it was just a random cat in my backyard, little did I know what was really going on. So today Rose, Val, James, & Mellie came over to swim. We were just a swimming and having fun until.........barking, screeching, & whimpering came from the back corner of the yard. Poor little Maggie was attacked by the black cat!!!! Rose & I then proceeded to investigate the situation. Rose was using the 7 ft pole from the pool as a 'poker' to feel out things. All of a sudden, the cat jumped out again & Rose whacked me in the mouth with the stick. I can honestly say "I saw stars". Here is the corner where all the action was happening:

After I checked to make sure all my teeth were still intact, Rose informed me that there were kittens in the flowerbed. Well that sure did explain a lot!!! Here they are:

So I called animal control, and guess what??? I have to get a trap on Sunday & catch the cat myself!!!!! or I can aggravate the hell out of the momma cat so she'll move the little guys. I'm thinking that Maggie might be spending a little more time in the backyard....HER YARD!!!!!!
1 comment:
lol...I can picture Rose whacking you in the mouth...I know it's not really funny for you! Poor Mama cat...she was just trying to protect her babies!
Post a Comment