Friday, January 27, 2012

What a day

To say this morning has been eventful would be an understatement! My kitchen faucet came disconnected and gave me a shower first thing this morning. Then when I tried to call my neighbor to come over & help me fix it, I discovered my phone line was dead! My neighbor was able to come over & help me reconnect my faucet & I have a service call in to repair the phone line.........but still, that's a lot of not so fun stuff to happen before 9am!!!!

Enough of the "Debbie-downer" stuff! Here is some stuff that is making me happy:
My brand new very soft & fuzzy, sparkly new house shoes! Love 'em and they are really keeping my feet toasty this morning. Aren't the pink sparkles too cute?
Okay.......this isn't exactly a happy plant. I tried to transplant some basil to grow in my kitchen. It's not good, today I pretty much scalped it & scrambled some eggs with fresh basil & tomatoes for breakfast. It kinda reminds me of the "love fern" from "How to lose a guy in 10 days," I guess I need to start with seeds. Oh well, at least I tried~
I have been trying to get back into knitting. I knitted a scarf earlier in the fall, but kinda fell off the wagon. Here's a hat I just need to finish the crown on , and I've already started the fingerless gloves to go with it! I really like the yarn & can't wait to finish this project so I can make some dish clothes and a chunky hat.

2 comments:

Lena said...

Oh man - all that before 9:00 am? How many cups of coffee did it take you to cope with it all? :) Too funny about the "love fern". I can totally sympathise, since I was born with a black thumb! Love your blingy slippers!!! And I see you're getting your mojo back for the knitting? If only I could find some to get on with my scrapbooking!

Debbie said...

Cute shoes! I like to grow lemon basil...it smells so good!