Saturday, June 20, 2009

Life is Good........at 40

Today I'm taking a little stroll down memory lane: This is the only Bikini that you will be seeing me in today, tomorrow, or forever!!!
The classic photo of me with the bow on my head, Granny DeMarco, and Rose.
Wow......look at the size of that cake???? Who exactly were we feeding?? I think my cheeks are red from all the blowing! **I just found out today that reason the cake is so big is that it is Rose & Rachel's birthday cake, not mine!! I'm certainly acting like it's my cake!! Here I am on my birthday, after we moved to Manvel. Rachel is finally in a picture. I guess me and Rose stole all the front row seats when cake was invovled:-) Speaking of Rose, where is she......I mean, she was always right there at my side?? *Mom informed me that the cute little girl next to me is not Rachel, but my cousin Monica.....oops! I could have sworn that was Rachel in the photo, I never realized they looked so much alike at that age.
Looks like we found Rose!! HeHe.....but no Rachel. I'm five here, so I'd assume that Rachel was 3 and running free all over the house!!! Mom really did have her hands full.
I think I was 8 on this birthday, but not totally sure. Finally a photo with me, Rose, & Rachel!!! I am also surrounded by some of my cousins....Melissa is on my right, and Monica, Gene, Aunt Cathy holding Jason(I think), Letitia, and Micheal round out the group. We were all so darn cute!!!
For some reason I had this birthday at Granny & Grandpa DeMarco's house. Aaron who happens to be sitting on my left, celebrates his birthday on June 15th.....So I'm guessing we did a combo Birthday/Father's Day thing......considering Grandpa is front & center with us!! I just love the way I'm staring at my cake with the finger in my mouth. I want that cake!!! Okay, where's Rachel??? She's gone MIA again!!! Rose is next to John holding a cousin(not sure which one), Michelle is standing behind me to the right. **Rachel hasn't gone MIA.....she is the girl next to me that is cut off in the photo......thanks Mom for letting me know! I never would have guessed that was her by the pink sash on her dress.What a wonderful 40 years it's been!!! I wokeup this morning feeling great. I mean I felt soooooo good, that I thought I might go for a run. Then I thought about how hot it already was and quickly decided to water the lawn instead!! I hope to eat some cake later today, and then go to a party with all our "old" Goodyear friends. I do want to thank everyone that sent me Birthday Wishes!! Especially Aunt Theresa.......you are an angel, I loved the card!!! Happy Saturday~Rita



1 comment:

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Rita!