Monday, June 22, 2009

Life on the Other Side of the Hill........

Well I'm only 3 days into them, but so far the forties are good!!! I made my cake and finally ate a piece at about midnight on my birthday. Pretty sad, but we were at a party and I didn't take the cake with us. I made my favorite, red velvet cake and put strawberries dipped in white chocolate on top of it. Doesn't it look good??? We went to our friend's house for a Goodyear party on Saturday. It was lots of fun to catch-up with all the friends we used to hang out with in our younger years. It was also pretty cool to see all the kids playing together........here our a few photos I took:
The Goodyear kiddos hanging out in the poolJim & DannyMatt, John, Jim, & Ron staying cool by the pool.Me & RonDan, Me, & Carrie Our wonderful hosts, Sue & Sri. They cooked the most fabulous meal of Indian dishes. I am still nibbling on the chickpea dip that Sue sent home with us
For Father's Day, Ron enjoyed a pancake breakfast and then opened his gifts from me & the boys. In the afternoon, we made a quick visit to Granny & Papaw's. We just sat around under the shade trees and visited. Mom showed me her garden and her huge sunflower bushes. I tried to grow sunflowers once, but they didn't even bloom.........I guess I probably should have watered them~

No comments: