Friday, November 12, 2010

oh no, the cone of shame

Poor Maggie~she keeps scratching at a spot on her neck, so I had to put the cone on today. She isn't very happy about it. I'm hoping that the spot heals over the weekend, otherwise I'll be taking her to the Vet.
I've been knitting lately.......here's the hat I made with the scarf I'm working on for a Christmas gift. My Teddy really does like them.........
Here's a close up of the scarf. I'm using an Italian yarn that's 100% wool, and so very soft! The pattern is a basket weave, and it's a fun little project that I hope to finish soon.
Here's another Christmas project I worked on one day this week. This is the Christmas card holder that I fell in love with last year. I am a bit nervous about the quilting, but have had enough friends offer to help that I am just gonna go for it and ask for help if I need it:-)
This is one of a few Christmas gifts I bought earlier this week. I love it!!! The other necklace has Swarkoski crystals!!! I hope the recipients like them as much as I do~
Last but not least...........here's some gorgeous yarn I bought at a new local yarn shop.
It's the cutest little shop, and it has all sorts of yarns.........I had to limit myself to two skeins!!! I plan to make a striped hat for me.........I haven't made myself a hat yet, and this yarn is so me!!
I need to get going. We have a playoff game tonight at Alvin. So we still have games and band as long as the football team keeps winning~it could be a very long season!! I may need that hat if we are still playing in December:-)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Poor Maggie! I like the fabrics for your Christmas card holder and I can't wait to see your knitted hat!