Friday, July 31, 2009

Dreaming of Drumsticks....

I wanted to post some photos today, but the server isn't letting me. As soon as I figure out the problem, I'll be back in business!

We have been busy getting ready for school. Yep, I took the boys clothes shopping and got all of their stuff last week. The tags are still on, because they usually have a growth spurt the day before school starts:-) I'm still looking for their backpacks. For some reason, backpacks are now a "critical" part of their style. I have no clue what exactly they want, but plan to get them shopping online to find whatever it is they are looking for in a backpack!

I have been busy reading lately. I just picked up the first book in the Sookie Stackhouse series....so far it seem quite good! I was looking for Shanghai Girls, but didn't see it at Target. I'm hoping to get to B&N some time soon and grab a copy of it.

The A/C is finally fixed! I was doing the dance of joy this morning! Luckily it was the new unit, so everthing was under warranty. I am looking forward to not having to hang around the house waiting for repairmen. Although, I do have to have some hurricane repairs redone. It seems like this has been the year for repairs. I am so ready for a vacation!!

Does anyone besides me stalk the Pioneer Woman's website?? I was looking at her cooking website and saw a recipe for hot & sweet drumsticks. Let's just say I have been dreaming of chicken drumsticks since I saw that recipe! I plan on making them this weekend. Here's the recipe, just in case you're curious......the Pioneer woman has photos to go along with the recipe!

Hot & Sweet Drumsticks
1 cup apricot preserves
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup soy sauce
minced garlic
few shakes of Tabasco sauce
3 pounds chicken drumsticks

On the stove combine ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat until perserves melt & all ingredients are combined.
Arrange 3 pounds of Chicken drumsticks in a baking dish(you want them to fit pretty tightly together). Pour sauce over legs and bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
*edited*****I baked mine at 375 degrees for close to an hour. I think I wrote the temperature down wrong from the website, sorry about that! But they were very yummy:-)
Now doesn't that sound good????
Check out http://www.pioneerwoman.com/ for more super yummy stuff!!!

No comments: