I've just been really busy! Seriously, things have been crazy around here since last week.
I've been into list lately, so here it goes:
*Last Thursday Ethan got his braces, which I do have photos of......just haven't uploaded them:)
*hoop camp all last week. Which would make you think that I had tons of free time, but I did little things that took lots of time (oil change, phone calls to insurance companies, online bills, etc)
*saw Harry Potter Thursday night, came home with a migraine. I'm sure the onion rings from sonic at 11:15PM had nothing to do with it:-)
*felt like crap Friday morning after the Migraine. Ron took a half day off and caught me in my pj's at 1:00PM. Yes, the one day I sit on my butt and do "nada" and he comes home early....go figure?
*Saturday was the day Colin started the fire! Yep, he had a toaster oven incident, and had a nice "arc" going that was about to erupt into flames. For all The Office fans out there the new song is....."Colin started the fire....it was always burning since the world's been turning...." And I'm sure that I screwed up the lyrics.....oh well:-)
*Saturday, after the toaster oven died, I went shopping for a new one. We are toaster oven people. We use that thing all day long, and it was a matter of my sanity to get a new one ASAP! Why is it when you don't need something you can find it, but when you know exactly what you want it is nowhere to be found??? This is why I have a fairly complicated, stainless (YUCK) steel toaster oven. We are really missing the simplicity of the old white toaster oven.
*I forgot the biggest thing that happened on Saturday......the downstairs A/C unit died. Yep, it went from bad to worse really quick around here! Called the A/C guy and he said he'd be out on Monday....thank God for rain and overcast days all weekend!
*Sunday was a day of rest. We did nothing but watch TV and listen to the hum of the oscillating fan. I tried to go to bed early......we had a "supposed" cochroach sighting in the kitchen by Ethan. This triggered a chain of events that woke-up everyone in the house......the time was midnight. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep between that incident and the snoring.
*today I went to work.........3 more days until the commitment is complete(I'd cancel, but that A/C unit isn't cheap), and then I'm just gonna stay at Dr. A's.
*So, tomorrow is the big day of the new A/C unit installation. I plan to sit on the couch and enjoy it.....'cause I sure as heck won't be able to afford to go out!!!
Peaches & Cream Frozen Yogurt Bark
1 year ago



2 comments:
My biggest fear right now is one of our A/C units going out...we had to have a part replaced last month on the unit upstairs and it cost $400 for 5 minutes of the guys time and the part, the size of a soda can. I can't wait to only have one A/C unit and one water heater! I feel for ya!
It was expensive! We replaced the upstairs unit a few years ago and I think it was around $4K....This time we replaced the downstairs unit and it was $5200. The house is only ~13 years old, but they put in builders grade units. I stopped using my dishwasher about a month ago, but will wait to replace it. I'm telling you....I want something well built and smaller the next time around!!!
Post a Comment