Monday, October 19, 2009

The cell phone & the leather chair crisis.....

I had to tell this story, because it was quite funny when it happened earlier tonight. Here it goes.........tonight as I was sitting down to eat dinner, I noticed Colin taking apart the leather chair in the den. I asked what he was up to, & he said his cell phone fell out of his pocket and was stuck in the chair. Well stuck it was..........somehow it made it's way to the very bottom of the chair. We knew this because you could see it illuminate as it received a call. We lifted and manuevered that chair in every possible angle trying to reach that phone!! We crammed our hands down every crease trying to retrieve it. Finally, the boys convinced me to take the chair apart.........did I mention that this particular chair had a $1200 pricetag when we purchased it??? And of course, Colin was going crazy everytime the thing vibrated and illuminated with an incoming text. It took about 30 minutes to take the bottom liner off the chair and find the phone!! Ron came home while me & the boys where holding the chair on it's side and shaking it........I'm sure it was a strange site!! I ended up using my staple gun to reattach the liner to the bottom of the chair. We now have a new rule in our house.......no cell phones in the leather chair!!

No comments: