Saturday, November 14, 2009

Let the shopping begin.......

The Nutcracker Market opened on Thursday, and I was there with Andrea!!!Before I get too far, let me just say that I have more fun each time I go! This trip was especially fun because I was with Andrea. We left at the end of the day with too many bags to carry.....yes, I had to check my bags. The funniest part of the day was when I "accidently" cut in the pizza sauce line. Yep, if Ken Hoffman has an article about folks getting upset about a woman cutting to the front of the pizza sauce line, think of me!! Of course, Andrea left me when she realized what I had done..............then we laughed about it! Here are some pics of some of the cute & yummy stuff:
Gaidos Pecan Pie............the crust is made from crushed pecans!
I had to make a visit the The Cherry Republic booth. They had samples of all there yummy cherry stuff. I loved talking to the staff about my visit to their store in Glen Arbor.......I think it got me extra samples:-) I grabbed some dark chocolate covered cherries, Pepper jelly, & Cherry sours for gifts. They have an online store and free shipping right now, if you need any really good gourmet food gifts.
I didn't buy anything at this booth, but Andrea bought the cutest kid's apron for Meagan. I loved the vintage aprons they had, and they were all handmade in the USA. It inspired me to try to make an apron of my own......I just have to find a pattern & some cute vintage fabric, and time to sew it!

I had to take a photo of this Christmas tree for Mom & Aunt Theresa.........you two could make these!!! They had old keys twisted on wire as garland. You don't want to know how much they were selling them for............
So now I'm in the Christmas mood and can't wait to put out all the new stuff that I bought!!!





1 comment:

Debbie said...

Your post puts me in the Christmas mood and so does this weather!