Sunday, February 1, 2009

Prom Dresses, Date Night, & Other Unmentionables

So Val asked me to go with her and Rose looking for Prom Dresses. Being the mom of two boys this had fun written all over it!! Now, Rose being the mother "buying" the Prom Dress wasn't having as much fun as me.........especially when I was pulling dresses out without so much as a glance at the price tags. This morning they went to some other shops without me, I hope that's not a sign:-) Here is the first dress Val tried on....it's not the dress at the top of her list, but I love the metallic silver. Kinda shocking for me, but really.....most of the dresses out there are butt ugly. What happened to the poofy dresses with tulle & ribbon, or the simple strapless full length gowns??? Don't even get me started about the colors or 60's acid print gowns...if you went into Cache you know which ones I'm talking about. On a totally different subject, last night was date night for Ron & Me. We went to Floyd's for the most wonderful seafood dinner. They just opened Friday night and we will be back often! The only mistake I made was ordering a Margarita with my meal. I ended up falling asleep at about 8pm on the couch & woke up at 11:30pm and then stayed up until about 5:30am. I hate it when that happens!! So, I'm hoping to make it to at least halftime tonight. We're having some Mexican food tonight for the game, and will probably order pizza for the boys. One day my boys will appreciate and love Mexican food......I have to keep hoping that some day they will try it!!!

Okay Marty, the last photo is for you!! This is the colon cleanse that I use about 1-2 times a year. My Ob/GYN highly recommended this product since I have IBS and suffer from rather frequent symptoms. They have quite a few products depending on your symptoms, but the products I use are I.B.S. (intestinal bowel support). I got them at the local health store, but they are also available online(www.renewlife.com). I use to use Advocare products, but developed an allergic reaction (hives) and had to stop taking them. Advocare has some excellent products, and you can search online for a local independent representative. Oh, and "just so you know" you won't be living in the bathroom when you use this particular product. You'll just have more "bulk" when you go.......hope that wasn't TMI~


1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hi Rita! I got your blog address from Rose and just wanted to leave you a comment. You've got lots of great pics on your blog...I love all the dog photos!