I had to post a photo of the flowers blooming in my front yard. My bluebonnet plant has some blooms on it. It comes back every year in the front yard, and one of these days I'll actually put out seeds so we can have a yard full of blooms! My azaleas are also in full bloom. This is surprising since I never fertilize them like I'm suppose to:-) I think next week I'll work on mulching and planting in the backyard.


So lots has happened in the last few days. We got some sad news yesterday from Mom & Dad. Bootsie died at the age of 14. We stopped by last night to visit with Mom & Dad, and the house was very quiet without her. It's hard to believe that she is gone. I keep remembering all the times that I tried to sneak into the house with a sleeping boy, only to have Bootsie howl and wake them up:-) She also kept Maggie company during all her stays with Granny & Papaw.......she will be missed.

I have been in a really sad mood lately......I got sadder tonight after I learned that Natasha Richardson died. She was so talented and beautiful, and her boys are 12 & 14.....almost the same ages as my boys. It has really had me thinking about doing something special during Spring Break. I am also glad that I have been able to work part-time since they were babies. I don't think I'll ever wish I worked more when they were growing up!! That was the question a friend told me to ask myself when I was trying to decide whether to work full or part time after having kids. She said, "I've never had a person tell me they regretted staying home with their kids, but many moms have told me that they regretted spending so many hours away from home when their kids were growing up." So my mantra has been......I can always work, but for now I'm a Mom first then a PA!!
PS.....I hope all the Spring breakers are enjoying the beautiful weather this week. It had better be nice next week for us!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment