Friday, March 6, 2009

Where did the week go??

This is why I haven't been able to blog:Colin and Ron have been monopolizing the computer! It seems like everytime I wanted to get online someone was already using the computer. I would really love to get a laptop, but that's not in the budget thanks to Ike:-) Then we have this little girl. She looks innocent enough, but she has been quite ornery lately! After her dental cleaning, she hasn't been allowed to lick the boys' ice cream bowls..........she isn't happy about that at all.
So here is what I've been up to.......taking Flat Riley around town. She has been here & there, and my goal is to take her to the rodeo. I have enjoyed doing this project with all my nephews & nieces. I wish the schools down here included a project like this in their curriculums.
Flat Riley and me on the Kemah Boardwalk.....& the Boardwalk is looking good!! Most of the restaurants are open and the rides where up and running.......even The Bullet! Alot of the homes along the water are still being repaired, and some of them look as if they will have to be demolished. It was very sad driving by Tookies....I've heard rumors that they aren't reopening and they were the best burger joint around. Here's Ethan with Flat Riley on the boardwalk, the Kemah bridge is in the background.
I have to end with Colin. This is a glimpse into the life of a teen. Colin is doing his homework while surfing the web on his ipod, and texting on his phone. His phone is next to him, but you can't see it in the photo. Oh, I forgot....he is also watching a show that he recorded:-) Yep, the life of a teenager is rough.


No comments: