Saturday, October 3, 2009

Back in the brace again

Here he is, back in his brace again. Not a happy guy, but he's taking it all in stride. When we left the orthopedist's office, we were talking about life in general and Colin said, "Well I could be one of those people on I Shouldn't Be Alive that crashed their plane over Africa, or got lost in the Amazon for 30 days." I agreed that yep, it could be worse............so we'll just take it all one day at a time! Last night was Homecoming!! We got to the game in time to see the crowning of the Homecoming Queen. You know you're in a reccession when the Homecoming Queen rides "standing up" in the back of a Chevy pickup!!! I bet she was bummed when she saw that truck instead of the traditional convertible Corvette!!!
Colin was chosen to be the Chick-fil-A fan of the Week. He got to sit under a canopy near the end zone during the game, and was feed all the Chick-fil-A he could eat!! I wanted to get a photo of him with the Chick-fil-A cow, but she was with the cheerleaders most of the game. I mean the Chick-fil-A cow had a huge Homecoming corsage!! How unfair is that......this is coming from someone who NEVER went to Homecoming!
Val came home for the game. It was great seeing her. I texted Mellie, but she never came around for me to get a photo of her with her Homecoming corsage & date. So if she makes any comments about her not having a photo on here, I tried!
Okay......I have to add the story of "pickle juice" and "ass odor." Yes, this has to be added to the Homecoming post and you will soon know why. I love our seat for the football games. We have had them next to Rose for awhile now and everything was fine & dandy until this season when Mr. Ass Odor purchased the seats directly in front of us. So last night, Mr. Ass Odor was smelling quite "ripe," enough so that we had to chew some pretty strong gum to cut the smell(think Altoids here). I was doing okay, until I started smelling pickle juice along with the ass odor. Let's just say I was over come by the fumes.............this sent me & Rose into a fit of the giggles!! Then the guy shifted his weight in the stadium chair and a fresh wave of the ass odor hit me...............I'll let you use your imagination at this point. Needless to say, we plan to bring Vicks Vapor rub to put on our upper lips at the next game, and probably some Oust, or better yet........hang one of those green fir tree shaped car deodorizers on his stadium seat!!!!!! Seriously people..............how can he not know that he smells so bad?????





Off to some pretty stuff.........I am finally scrapbooking again. I did a few pages of Colin's football photos from 7th grade. Sorry the pages are kinda blurry and the color is off, but in person they are pretty cool! I'm loving craft paper with red & black.........and I'm obssessed with stars:-)This is a page in progress..........trying to decide what patterned paper to embellish with. I hope to have it finished later tonight. Then I can work on Ethan's football pages!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm glad you posted about "Mr. Ass Odor", I needed a good laugh!

Lena said...

You did great on these pages. I'm still busy with the card making for Christmas. Maybe I'll start in the New Year. Did I tell you that I am running 7 YEARS behind in my scrapbooking. You know what this means right? Plenty of opportunities to scrap with a buddy :)