Friday, June 11, 2010

I grew my first stargazer lily!

here it is, and isn't it beautiful?
I planted it as a bulb, and didn't think it'd do anything.......I had three of the bulbs grow & they all have blooms.
These are my tropicals that I had to replant after the freeze. I love the color of the blooms, and they bloom all summer into September!
Here's a photo of the bed next to the pool. It's full of my white trash marigolds, and moss rose!!! Those are two flowers that I couldn't kill if I tried!!! My birds of paradise are green again, but probably won't bloom this year.
Here is a bloom from my Lilies of the Nile.....or as Ron calls them the Firework flowers! He loves them because they remind him of fireworks exploding.
This is a photo of me trying to be all artsy......didn't work, did it??? anyway I like the view with the water in the foreground.
I had to include Ethan. He's loving the new basketball goal. There is only one rule with the basketball goal.......no slam dunking! My boys are NOT rule followers!!

So besides enjoying my backyard, I have been knitting wash clothes. I am finishing up an aqua color one right now, and then plan to make a natural color one. Then I "might" start a scarf or a hat. Ethan was saying that he'd consider wearing a hat if it was in the Packers colors!!!

No comments: