Monday, January 19, 2009

Another Busy Weekend.....

We had a very busy weekend. On Saturday night we went to see Damn Yankees at the high school. Val played the role of "sister" and did an excellent job! She reminded me of Carol Burnett when she played Eunice. Anyway, Mike's parents came down to see the play, and it was very nice to get to see them again. It had been quite awhile since our last visit.....Ethan didn't recognize them until I said that they were Granny & Old Man.
The three amigos in the audience during intermission. Both the boys enjoyed the play, although Colin said he'd have liked it better without all the singing. We then explained why the play was called a "Musical." Val is the character in the pink tutu with her arm in the air. This was at the end of the play when all of the cast came out on the stage......
Gotta love Val in her age progression make-up. Now we know what she'll look like in 40-50 years!!! I was surprised she came out with her "hairdo" and makeup, but she was so excited about the performance that she didn't care about any of that. I think she was alittle bit upset about the hula skirt and coconut shell photo Rose put in the program!! I remember bringing that grass hula skirt and coconut shell top back from Hawaii for her. She loved to dress up in it and dance around. I guess she was destined for the stage.
Sunday was another busy day. Colin had his Faith Statement Celebration at church. After lunch, we met with Colin's small group and he read his Faith Statement and then I said a blessing over him. I didn't know about the blessing until Olivia's mother ask me about it. I was clueless.....I sent Ron with Colin last week and wasn't given the information. So....I found a piece of paper in my Bible and wrote his blessing under quite a bit of pressure. Ron proofed it and then I cried 5 seconds into reading it in our small group!! Colin just smiled and gave me this look that said, "please mom...put a cork in it!!" Where was Ron during all of this???? He "volunteered" to leave early and take Ethan to a birthday party:-) No surprises there, huh???
I think Ron will just have to do all the speaking in the future, or at least that's what the boys have decided.
I have one more cute story to share. The four of us were playing electronic Catch Phrase last night. I was giving the clues and the boys were shouting out their guesses. The word I had was "lifeboats" the clue I gave was, "they didn't have enough of these on the Titanic." Ethan burst out..."Romance!!" at the same time Colin yelled..."lifeboats." We all fell over laughing. Then Ethan quickly defended himself saying, "I thought you were talking about the movie." You gotta laugh:-)



No comments: