Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Very Blessed Day

We had the most wonderful day today. Colin was confirmed along with 46 of his brothers & sister in Christ this morning. What a Blessing indeed!! Colin was about to have a fit about me pinning his flower, so Aunt Rose stepped in to do the job & fixed his tie, too. Colin with Pastor Finke & Pastor Lonnie. Pastor Lonnie is the Youth Minister at the Church and does a wonderful job with the teens. He's one big ball of energy & happiness!
A quickie family photo before Colin took off his tie and tossed the flower:-) Back at the house we had hot food waiting for us thanks to Sal's and Kalei. Since the church service was 2 hours long, Mark & Kalei, and Rachel, Ed, & the girls just met us at the house for lunch. We got to meet Michelle's new puppy.......a miniature schnauzer. She doesn't have an "official" name yet, but we were calling her Lola......after the character in Damn Yankees. Here's a ton of photos of us going crazy over Lola...
There were lots of photos in this post, mostly because I loved so many of them. I did have a photo of Colin with Granny & Papaw, but I accidently deleted it and am too tired to go back and upload it. I might post it tomorrow:-) I haven't figures out how to move photos around in my post after I upload them. So, I have to upload them in the order I want them posted. This is why I am in no mood to go back and reload the photos:-) So.....today was great, actually perfect! I am so proud of Colin! He is at a party tonight, and I'm hoping that he continues to grow in his love for Christ every moment of every day. It truly amazes me how quickly he has grown into the young man that he is today. At moments like this, I just want to hit the "pause button" and savor the moment a tad bit longer.


No comments: