Monday, January 12, 2009

He's Growing Up!


So my baby is now shaving. Yep, last night Ron showed him how to use his new razor. Colin has had some fuzz on his upper lip for awhile. Most of the time it looked like a chocolate milk moustache, but lately it got darker and the time came last night to take care of business. It is sad for me because he's only 13 and that just seems to young to be shaving, but on the other hand I remember how hairy some of the boys were when I was in jr. high(insert an image of Alvin San Miguel). So.....we have hit one milestone of Colin's teen years. I can only imagine how things will change on a daily basis around here. I think someone needs to write a book, "What to expect when your child becomes a teenager." You know, sorta like the "What to expect when your expecting books." I think everything will revert back to the toddler years.....anyone with a teen know what I'm talking about. Missing items and nobody knowing what happened. Here's a perfect example of the "I don't know syndrome"........ I let the boys put my floorlamp in the gameroom until we get the light fixtures replaced. I went into the gameroom this weekend and saw the lamp all mangled lying on the floor. When I asked, "What happened to my lamp?" the response I got was, "it fell over" Then I asked, "how did it fall over?" the response from Colin, "I don't know, I didn't tell you about yesterday because you were upset about the insurance." Now, he knew how it fell over, but wasn't gonna tell me. After further questioning he finally fested up to running into it while playing the Wii, I had to laugh....how I didn't hear the commotion is a mystery to me:-) I'm just glad he didn't get hurt in the incident......the lamp was bent and hanging in all different directions.
I think that is just about it for today. I'm trying to pickup around here. I've washed and sprayed Lysol on all the pillows and blankets......I always "decontaminate" the house after anyone gets sick. Later today I have to take Colin to the orthopedist for a checkup, and then to PT. It should be a busy afternoon.

No comments: