Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!!

We welcomed in 2009 with the neighbor's down the street. The kids had snappers and noisemakers, and I was surprised that everyone wore a party hat. Of course, on some of the kids the hats looked more like a unicorn horn than a hat, but they were on there heads:-) It was a beautiful night and lots of our neighbors where shooting off fireworks..............Maggie was in a fit, since she doesn't like all the noise. But the sky was beautiful. I'm also happy to say that Renee cooked black-eyed peas which I happily ate along with some kippers. So I should have some good luck in 2009. If only I can remember not to eat chicken or turkey, otherwise I'll scratch backwards all year long (or so my mother says).
That's it for today......I have to dig out a pecan tree near our fence line today. The contractors actually came yesterday and tore down what remained of our old fence, and set the post for our new fence. I can't wait until it's up.......I'm dying to relax in the hot tub with a little privacy!! Have a wonderful New Year's Day, and don't forget to eat your black-eyed peas, cabbage*, & kippers!!!



*we all know why I don't eat cabbage.........money isn't everything:-)


No comments: