Saturday, December 5, 2009

The dog turd snowball

The funniest snow story from yesterday........

It began with me attempting to drive the boys to school. When the ice & snow started coming down I declared a "snow day." I did make sure that the boys didn't have any test before I made the u-turn:-) The boys were out in the snow the minute we got home.........later after the snow began to stick, they decided to make a snowman. Colin began rolling his ball on the ground to make it larger......then I hear, "oh man, I rolled a dog turd into my snowball." I look up to see Colin looking at the ball with the turd on it. He decided to just leave it and roll on. Later when he was hauling his huge dog turd snowball down the driveway, the turd fell off. I know this because I almost stepped on the turd. After they worked for about an hour, they created the best dog turd snowman I've ever seen!!!! Last night Colin announced that he was gonna kick the snowman, not his best idea. My response......go ahead, then you'll have a broken foot to go with your knee!! I checked tonight and the snowmanstill isn't completely melted.............WOW!!! I think it's the turds that are holding it together:-)


Well I have to go chaperone. Colin is having a little party out in the garage. It really reminds me of the days when "the gang" would get together in Chris' barn loft to play pictionary, outburst, & cards(among other things I won't mention). We had so much fun in that loft with it's stolen street signs & christmas lights.........oh, the good old days:-)

No comments: