Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My baby boy turned 12 today!

He was in heaven eating his favorite cake.......good old-fashioned butter cake with buttercream icing!!! He also had fun listening to his favorite song on his new iPod touch. Now he is doing all sorts of stuff using Wi-Fi. It is amazing the things your can do with today's technology.
We went to BJ's for Ethan's birthday dinner. For some reason the place was pretty empty.......it sorta made me think that the local economy is really starting to suffer. We were in Kemah for a business dinner at The Flying Dutchmen on Friday night, and it was pretty deserted there, too. I was wondering if there was just something else going on......the only thing that I could think of was that everyone was at the Rodeo.

So I've sorta been MIA lately. I am in the throes of last minute studying/cramming for my recertification exam. I was at a conference last week at the GRB, and that kept me pretty busy. This week it has been online reviews, and tomorrow I plan to take my first practice exam. I hate this exam.......really, every time I study for it, I ask myself why I didn't go into nursing instead??? But the end is near, and once this exam is behind me I can get back to things I enjoy!! Who knows, I might even get back to blogging on a regular basis~


No comments: