Thursday, June 24, 2010

Don't be jealous.....

We won't go into details but last night I decided to go ahead and book hotels for our upcoming trip. Not my favorite thing to do, but I didn't want to get stuck in a "roach motel".
I'm also doing a little belated "spring cleaning" With all the rearranging of beds, I hit the closets and found tons of stuff that the boys have outgrown. Now I get to sort stuff for donation.....I hate making all those list for tax time, but hey if it gets us a bigger refund!!
Then we have Colin's bed, minus the mattress that we still have to buy. Ron put together the chest of drawers last night......the mess from that is cropped out of the photo! My house is a wreck!!!!!
Me & the boys spent last night cleaning the drums Mom & Dad brought over on Tuesday night. Let's just say that it's taking lots of elbow grease to get those thing back in shape. I introduced the boys to Brasso & metal polish.......it was a hoot watching them polish those cymbals!! My boys had no idea how to really clean until last night. I made it a point to tell them about all the stuff I had to do at their ages~I think they finally realized how good they have it!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I'm not jealous...I have my own mess here at my house! We bought a new mattress set at Ashley Furniture on Monday, for the girls room and they were delivered Tuesday. I was impressed with their delivery service. I painted the entry way coming in from the garage yesterday and have started purging another room! Sometimes I think I will never be finished!