Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Biggest Packer Fan in Texas

Here's Ethan all decked out for the Packers' game today against the Texans. He loves his Packers. Most of his Christmas list is stuff from the Packer Pro Shop........including a MUST HAVE AUTHENTIC CHEESEHEAD!!! I kid you not, it is on his list along with the item number in all caps. I wonder if Santa will bring it this year?? He watched the entire game, very intently and was quite upset at the end. It was nearly as bad as when Favre left to play for that other team that can't be mentioned in our house. So, I was pretty shocked to see him in his #4 jersey. According to Ethan, he couldn't wear his A. Green jersey because Green is a Texan now!! He didn't want there to be any doubt about who he was cheering for.
We spent most of the weekend just hanging out around the house. Colin was keeping his knee iced, and Ethan was busy playing football with the neighbors. Ron and I were able to watch Atonement Saturday night, which I really enjoyed. I also watched Corn King on Friday, and recommend it to anyone concerned about high fructose corn syrup and the rise in diabetes.....it's an interesting documentary.
Tomorrow we take Colin for an MRI of his knee. We won't know the results until he sees the Orthopedist later this week. Please say a prayer that we get positive results!! As long as the injury can heal with rehab, I'll be relieved. Surgery at Colin's age is very risky, and something we really don't want to have to think about.

No comments: