Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Typical Day At Our House....

So here we are last night playing Monopoly. Ethan got the new Monopoly Here & Now: The World Edition for Christmas from Uncle Kenny & Aunt Shirley, and we are loving the electronic bank. I decided to try out the timer on my camera since everyone was playing the game......Colin wasn't cooperating. Which is very typical of Colin since he enter the wonderful "teen years." So, I decided to post the photo of him "hiding" under the blanket. Don't you just love his hairy legs???? After he found out that the leg photos were gonna get posted, he decided to sit down and just let the timer do it's thing. I think it's kinda cool.......especially since everyone's in the photo. I have to remember to take a family photo in front of the tree next year.
Well' I decided to cook tonight and Shrimp Creole was on the menu. Here's how I made it:
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup chopped celery
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (14.5 oz) can cajun style stewed tomatoes
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
1/2 cup water-I use 1 cup
2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp chicken boullion granules
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1 pound peeled medium-size shrimp
Hot cooked rice (Zatarrain's)
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat; add green peppers, celery, green onions, and garlic. I used the frozen recipe beginnings from Kroger's with green peppers, onion, and celery to make things even easier:-) Cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water, parsley, bouillon, salt, & red pepper; cook 2 minutes over medium heat. Add shrimp, and cook until shrimp turn pink.
Serve over rice and enjoy! I got the recipe from Southern Living's Our Best Easy Weeknight Favorites. It's my most favorite cookbook, and stays on the stand in my kitchen. If you have it, you really need to pull it off the shelf and put it to use!! Gotta go......Rose stopped by and dropped off "Mamma Mia" and I'm dying to watch it:-)





No comments: