Well October has arrived and I'm craving all things Pumpkin!! I went to the store today and bought my pumpkin spice creamer, pumpkin spice pudding, and all the ingredients for my favorite pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I plan to bake them later today. I've included the recipe below so you can make some too! I am in quite the cooking and baking mood lately. It may be because I was without a oven/range for 13 days because of the power outage. I'm making a pot of broccoli cheese soup for dinner tonight. Who knows what I'll be in the mood to cook tomorrow......
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. milk
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts(optional.....I omit them from my cookies))
1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
2. Add vanilla, chocolate chips, and nuts.
3. Drop by spoonfuls on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.
Yields: 12 servings
**I double the recipe to use the entire can of pumpkin. Store cookies in an airtight container(place saran wrap between layer to prevent sticking) in the frigerator for a sweet treat.



No comments:
Post a Comment