Friday, October 3, 2008

A Sad Day

Okay, I had to include the photo on the left uncropped. I was getting ready to crop the left side of the photo, and saw the bottle of Malibu Rum on the table. It brought a smile to my face, so it made the final cut!! The photo was taken at some Honky Tonk in Texas, I'm thinking Eddie's but could be wrong. From left to right are Rachel, Andrea, Shad, and me. Now on to the subject of today's post............














Today was a very sad day. I got a call this morning from Andrea that Mr. Lira's funeral was this morning. Mr. Lira is Shad Dad, and a very close friend to the Little's. Butch, a.k.a. Mr. Lira, was tons of fun to be around. His wife Teri is a doll, and helped out alot when I got married. Now I looked for a photo of him, but couldn't find one in my stash. I did find a photo with Jeff B, Rachel, Shad, and Jeff D. Shad was in the same class as my younger sister Rachel, but I knew him because of Andrea. He live "down the street" from Andrea, and they played together growing up. My prayers' are with the Lira and Little families.


I couldn't resist posting this photo....it was taken at UTMB when I was in Galveston visiting Andrea. Melody has obviously told me a very funny joke, and anyone that knows Melody knows that she can tell jokes. To this day, I quote the joke about the cat being on the roof:-) So after being with the Little's today, I realized how much I miss them.

No comments: