First off, I have to mention Ethan's flag football team the Packers. He had a game this morning and caught a pass to score his first touchdown. I wasn't at the game, because I was all over town with Marty and Carrie. I could tell that Ethan wanted me at his game, but sometimes a girl just needs to get out with her girlfriends and shop!!
Marty & Carrie have been friends for about 20 years. They used to live in Michigan together, then Carrie's family was transferred to England. Well right before Hurricane Ike hit, they were transferred to Texas. Marty made a trip down this weekend to visit with Carrie, and cheer me up (I have been a bit down since Ike). I was able to spend Friday & Saturday with both of them. I met Carrie's husband Paul, and her two delightful daughters on Friday night. It was a treat to be around the girls............my boys aren't big talkers, and her girls love to talk!!! Carrie is an incredible cook and hostess. I loved everything she cooked during my visit. The lemon curd & croissants were out of this world!!!
On Saturday Marty, Carrie, & I went on a little road trip. Carrie wanted to go to the Galleria and find a good grocery market. The trip was pretty uneventful except for the two episodes of road rage we witnessed:-) After eating lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, and shopping until our feet hurt. We heading to Pearland to make a visit to HEB . Let's just say that Carrie had a smile on her face when we left!! All the things she mentioned not being able to find in Lake Jackson were found........Cheeses, Olives, Naam, Lemon Curd, any Beer you could dream of.........all the good stuff! I'm so glad she liked it!! Then we met up with Ron, Colin, & Ethan at BJ's for dinner. The boys were happy to get to see Aunt Marty, and talked to me more tonight than they have all week.
So this week was a very good week. I got to visit with Marty, go to the Galleria, eat at my favorite restuarants, but most importantly.................I made a new friend.



No comments:
Post a Comment