Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Birthday, Colin!!!

Thirteen years ago to the day, I was holding a 9 pound baby boy and had no idea what the next 13 years had in store for me. Well.....those years have flown by and now I have a son who's a man-sized teenager. He is full of fun, happiness, and fustration.......but I cherish every minute of joy he has brought into my life!!! I also enjoy the fact that he's letting me take photos of him, and he actually gives me a geniune smile. Love that!!
Here he is cracking up......I'm sure it's about something me or Mellie said. I think Rose was digging in the turkey in the background:-) But in her defenese, she was fixin' a plate to take to Mike before he went to work. Ethan took the photo of me & Ron with Colin. He did pretty good considering the camera was in manual mode.


Here is a good summary of Thanksgiving around our house.........everyone sacked out on the couch watching football!! We were cheering on UT ( even though we really like A&M) because Fozzy was playing and made some really good plays. The kids were helping me download ringtones and changed my wallpaper to a photo of Edward & Bella dancing in the gazebo at prom. Apparently, Mellie took the picture from a magazine in the grocery store. I can only imagine:-) At least she didn't take the photo while we were in the theater, which was my intial thought.


Valerie hit the jackpot today. Granny decided to give her an early birthday gift. She had made her this quilt for her 18th birthday. It is in the PHS colors, and has a square on each block for her friends to sign their names or leave a note. How cool is that??? Val was in love with it, and I'm sure it will be treasured every minute while she is away at college next fall.



That's it for awhile. No shopping tomorrow for me, I plan to sleep in!! I might do some online shopping, but I really do plan to spend the day in my pj's:-)


No comments: