I had some proud moments yesterday at Colin's last football game. He scored a touchdown before I had time to get my zoom lens on the camera!! This is a photo of him on one of his many carries. I zoomed & cropped this photo into an 8X10 to hang in his room. I plan to do the same thing for Ethan with some of his football & baseball photos.
Now onto another subject that has been near and dear to me lately. Colin will turn 13 on November 27th, but is for all intents and purposes a teenager. You can't describe what it's like to live with a teenage boy. All I can say is their common sense and reasoning skills cease to exist. We have lost jeans & polos, forgotten to turn in homework, forgotten to inform parents of region band tryouts & fundraisers.............we are now getting our THIRD retainer & the braces just came off this summer. Yep, the teen years are expensive and extremely fustrating. Heaven help me when they start to drive, I'm sure to be on Prozac by that time. Through all of this, Ron is still as calm & relaxed as ever. I guess it's because I know how I was as a teenager, and he is acting just like me when I was his age. I remember getting 2 days of detention in Mrs. Clark's 7th grade Science class for playing with my Papa Smurf pen and talking back to the teacher. I think I also propped my feet on her desk. Yes, I was very rebellious, but I ended up turning out okay. I'm sure one day I'll look back at all this and laugh, and wish he was a teen again. Funny how that works isn't it?? Happy Hump Day!!



No comments:
Post a Comment